INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND THEIR BEST ANSWERS

Most Common Interview Questions and Answers are describe here in details.

Q. Tell me about yourself. 
A. I attended ABC College, where I earned my associate’s degree in office technology five years ago. I started working as a library clerk right after I graduated, and after a year I was promoted to assistant circulation manager. I helped the library switch over to a new circulation system about two years ago. I was part of the team that selected the new system and I helped train our department in its use. In addition to my technical skills, I am adept at troubleshooting. I also work well with customers, helping to solve any problems that arise. I’m now ready to take on a job with more responsibility and I know I will make a great circulation manager. 
"This candidate tells the interviewer about his skills and experience and shows why he is qualified for the job. He doesn’t wander off course, revealing information that is irrelevant. The answer is relatively short and, more importantly, to the point. "
       Never say: “I was born in ________, one of three children. I did well in school. I was on the football team and editor of my school newspaper. I moved to Delhi to go to college and . . .” The interviewer doesn’t want your life story. Keep your answer limited to the parts that will affect your suitability for the job.

Q. What do you consider to be your biggest weakness? 
A. I am very dedicated to my job and I expect the same level of dedication from other people. Not everyone feels the same way about work and sometimes my expectations are too high. 
"Wouldn’t every boss love such a dedicated employee? This interviewee knew she had to find a weakness that her prospective employer would see as a strength. Another option is to pick a weakness that is somewhat innocuous." 
         Never say: “I don’t have any weaknesses.” Oh, come on. Who’s going to believe that?

Q. What would your friends say is your biggest weakness? 
A. Whenever my friends and I travel together, I do a lot of advanced planning. Most of my travel companions appreciate it, but some find it annoying. We just went to the Shimla, and three months before we were going I had already put together a list of all the things we had to see. I kept them going all day long every day. 
"This candidate chooses to talk about something that could be perceived as a weakness but that also demonstrates his skills. By giving this answer he demonstrates three skills—planning, research, and strong leadership qualities. Some of his friends may not appreciate his advanced planning, which is why he considers this a weakness."
        Never say: “I never see my friends because I’m always working.” You know what they say about all work and no play. A little time away from the office is good for everyone.

Q. How do you handle success? 
A. I give myself a quick pat on the back and move on to the next project. Of course, I take the time to figure out what helped me succeed and use that experience to help me the next time. 
"This prospective employee takes appropriate pride in her success, while ascribing to the old adage “Don’t rest on your laurels.” She also learns from her experience."
        Never say: “I make sure everyone knows about it. If I don’t brag about my own success, who will?” That’s true, but there are more subtle ways of getting the word out. Besides, if she’s so busy bragging, who’s doing all her work?

Comments

Popular Posts

INTERVIEW SKILLS THAT WIN THE JOB

HOW TO PREPARE FOR JOB INTERVIEW?

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *